WELCOME TO THE HIGHLANDS MACON
Neighbors now, Neighbors for life
Where fun summers begin
ATTENTION: Lifeguard coverage is only available on the weekends due to school being back in session. A gate monitor will be on-site from 3pm-8pm on weekdays. If you plan on coming before 3pm please have your key card ready for entry. Your are SWIMMING AT YOUR OWN RISK.
THE LAST DAY THAT THE POOL WILL BE OPEN IS OCTOBER 3.
The pool is open from Memorial Day to Labor day. It opens daily at 10am and closed at 8pm. With the exception of Wednesday when the pool is closed for cleaning. There are NO pets and NO glass allowed inside the pool gates. Residents may bring 4 guests. Outside members may bring 2 guests. Guests are considered anyone NOT living in the residents home and anyone NOT listed on an outside members list.
- New roof on clubhouse, pool house and guard shack.
- Sugar Shack completed and serving hot food on weekends.
- Added corn hole and connect 4 games
- Sound system added with an eclectic playlist
- Kiddie Play Area pump replaced
- Mid-Season membership rate (50% discount) added
- Lifeguard coverage change
Lifeguards and the pool manager reserve the right to remove or deny entry to any person who violates the rules. It is important that everyone understands the pool rules. Click here to see the rules.
If you are interested in obtaining a yearly pool pass (Residents and non-residents) please follow this link to HOA Butler. When filling out the form be sure to select "Highland Plantation Owners Association, Inc." as the community name.
Things to know
- Trash pickup is every Thursday morning. Be sure to get your cans out Wednesday night as they usually come pretty early.
- Recycling pick up is every other Thursday.
- Be sure trash cans are not left on the road after Friday morning
- There is absolutely no soliciting in The Highlands. If you are approached please inform them that soliciting in this area is prohibited. You can report solicitors on the contact page.
Neighborhood-wide speed limit is 25 MPH on ALL roads!
- Traffic safety is critical due to kids playing in the neighborhood. Please obey all posted street signs and speed limits.
- Off-road/ATV/Golf Carts are permitted however they must follow all posted signs and speed limits.
- Off-road vehicles with gas engines should cease operation by 8pm.
- R-E-S-P-E-C-T everyone! We are all neighbors, as such we need to respect one another.
- Street parking is prohibited when a driveway space is present except in the event of social gatherings or handicap requirements.
- The Highlands is a Neighborhood Watch Community as such ALL suspicious behavior, disorderly conduct and disturbing the peace will be immediately reported to the Sheriff's Department.
- Community cleanup is held once per year as is a donation drive. This is lead by the neighbors and notifications will be handed out 2 weeks prior.
- Door to door handouts/flyers for upcoming meetings and events can be expected from time to time.
- For more information on covenants, bylaws and other HOA documents please contact the site administrator.
Memories are made here
The Highlands has a wonderful clubhouse used for community events and meetings.
- Located at the pool
- Mini kitchen
- Central AC/Heat
- Restrooms inside
The clubhouse is available to rent for your next event or party! Please contact Keith Sylvester to get details on Clubhouse Rentals!
The Highlands Common Areas include
- Pool and yard
- Volleyball court
- Dog walk areas
- Sidewalks/walking paths
The park/playground area and volleyball court are open from sunrise to sunset. This is strictly enforced.
It is important that everyone cleans up after their pets. Please ensure not to leave trash and debris in common areas. Mounted trash cans are emptied weekly. If you notice them over flowing with trash please contact us for immediate cleanup.
Let us know if you want to help plan an event!
Please use this form to report violations or request information. You should receive a response within 24 hours.